November, 22nd 2023
On behalf of the organizing committee, it is my great pleasure to invite you to the 8th International Symposium on Biofumigation, Green Manures, and Cover Crops. The symposium will take place from October 21st to 25th, 2024 in San Pedro, Buenos Aires province, Argentina.
This event is an important opportunity for experts and researchers in the fields of biofumigation, green manures, and cover crops to share their knowledge and expertise, as well as to collaborate and establish partnerships. We are excited to bring together a diverse group of professionals from all over the world to discuss the latest developments and innovations in these fields.
Our symposium will feature a wide range of presentations, panel discussions, and workshops on topics related to biofumigation, green manures, and cover crops. We believe that this program will provide you with valuable insights, ideas, and opportunities to network with your colleagues.
We have chosen an outstanding venue that provides excellent facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive symposium experience. The beautiful surroundings of the venue will also provide a great opportunity to explore and enjoy the local culture and attractions near Paraná riverside. San Pedro is 180 km from Buenos Aires where Ezeiza airport is located, the usual point of arrival for visitors coming from abroad. It can be easily reached from there by car, train or bus. Being a touristic city, it has a wide offer of lodgings and food places.
We hope that you will take full advantage of this opportunity to participate in the Symposium and that you will find it both informative and enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you to the 8th International Symposium on Biofumigation, Green Manures, and Cover Crops.
|Fedra Albarracín – INTA San Pedro
Cristian Alvarez – INTA Anguil
Patricia Baffoni – INTA VIRN
Martin Barbieri – INTA San Pedro
Patricia Bazán – UNSL
Damián Belladonna – ASAHO
Virginia Brambilla – INTA San Pedro
Graciela Corbino – INTA San Pedro
Marisol Cuellas – INTA AMBA
Marco Damico – UNLP. Ministerio de desarrollo agrario
Ignacio Fernandez – INTA Yuto
Ceferino Flores – INTA Yuto
Pablo Gauna – INTA Bella Vista
Pablo Gonzalez – INTA Pergamino
Gerónimo Guitiérrez – INTA San Pedro
Clarisa Marcozzi – INTA San Pedro
Omar Daniel Medina – UNJ
Natalia Meneguzzi – INTA IPAVE
Soldead Muñoz – INTA San Pedro
Verónica Obregón – INTA Bella Vista
Romina Peralta – Private advisor
Eliana Perello – INTA San Pedro
Omar Perniola – UNLZ Buenos Aires
Mariana Piola – INTA San Pedro
Analía Puerta – INTA Floricultura
Silvina Restovich – INTA Pergamino
Florencia Sanchez – Private advisor
Josefina Scaglione – UNR
|Matthew Back. Harper Adams University, UK
Mohamed Besri – IAV, Morocco
José Buenahora – INIA, Uruguay
Julie Finnigan. – Serve-Ag Pty Ltd, Australia
Dale Gies – High Performance Seeds, Inc.
Farah María González Usaurralde – Instituto Liliana Dimitrova. Cuba
Marco Antonio Magallanes Tapia – Instituto Politécnico Nacional, México
Roberto Matteo – Council for Agricultural
Research and Agricultural Economy Analysis, Italia
Vincent Michel – AGROSCOPE, Switzerland
Giampiero Patalano – Nutrien Italia SpA
Mayra Guadalupe Rodríguez Hernández – Centro
Nacional de Sanidad Agropecuaria, Cuba
Leticia Rubio – INIA, Uruguay
Preliminar Program and Confirmed Keynotes:
|8:30 to 9:30
|Transfer to La Plata
Visit to La Plata Green belt
|Flight to NOA
Visit to horticultural farms in Salta or Jujuy
|9:30 to 11:00
|11:00 to 12:00
|12:00 to 13:00
|13:00 to 17
|Visit to INTA San Pedro Experimental Station and field trials
|Visit to Nestor Paolinelli in Zarate and strawberry farms
|Transfer to Buenos Aires
|Boat trip on Paraná river
|Visit to historic centre in San Pedro
|Dinner and Tango Show
|Buenos Aires City tour
- Luis Wall (Argentina) Soil microbiome and its interaction with biofumigation, green manura and cover crps
- Peter-Jan Jongenelen (Netherlands) Research in cover crop mixes and soil biodiversity, particularly plant pathogens.
- Dale Gies (USA) Practical applications of biofumigation in farming.
- Matt Back (England) Potato cyst nematode management using biofumigants
- Giampiero Patalano (Italy) Biofumigant meals/liquids – innovative applications for biofumigation
Fees and Discounts.
Payment collection will be available from March 1st, 2024
|First deadline may 31st
|After may 31st
|450 U$S (*)
|550 U$S (*)
(*) It includes 3 lunches and 3 coffee breaks from 21st to 23rd October
- Discounts are not cumulative and do not include lunches
- Graduate students (with regular student certificate) 20%.
- Undergraduate students (with regular student certificate) 50%
- A limited number of scholarships will be awarded.
Fees only include registration, meals, breaks and technical tours during the academic programme that will take place from October 21st to 23rd. Visits to the horticultural belt of La Plata and Argentina North West are optional and at the participant’s expense. In the next newsletter we will provide information about programme, transfer prices and hotels in each place.
Submission of Abstracts and Full Articles:
Each author can send two abstracts in English or Spanish. The abstracts or full papers will be accepted until May 31, 2024. The full paper in English or Spanish (optional) may be submitted together with the abstract or later, and if accepted will be included in a special issue of the Revista Horticultura Argentina to be published at the end of the event.
To submit your abstract please complete this form : https://bit.ly/submission_biofumigation24
- Biocidal green manures for pest, weed and disease control (BG)
- Non-biocidal green manures and cover crops for pest, weed and disease control (NBG)
- Cover crops (CC)
- Biofumigation with plant-derived products for pre- and post-harvest control (B)
- Biosolarization (BS)
- Use of plant-derived products (including compost) in crop production (PDP)
- Breeding of green manures and cover crops (BR)
- No preference (NP)
Abstracts should have a maximum of 350 words, including title, authors, institution and body of the abstract.
The file must have a Word extension (*.doc /*.docx). The name of the file must be the acronym of the abstract presentation area (BG, NBG, CC, B, BS, PDP, BR, NP – see notes below), middle dash (-),the last name of the person* registering for the conference, middle dash, the first name of the person, middle dash and then the submitted abstract number 1 or 2. Please do not create any empty spaces within the file name.
*The person who submits the abstract must be one of the authors involved in the work and have paid the registration fee at the time of abstract submission.
Example file name: BS-Mitidieri-Mariel-1.doc
The abstract should contain:
- At the top of the page please state the Presentation Area using the appropriate acronym in Arial 10.
- Title: Provide your title in less than 120 characters in a maximum of 3 lines in Arial 11, bold (scientific names in italics, without their acronyms).
- Authors list: Arial 10. Full surname and the initial of the first name of all authors separated by comma. Indicate place of work and/or institution by means of superscripts. The last name of the author who will present the work must be underlined.
- Affiliation: Arial 10. Provide full details of author affiliation according to superscripts assigned to the authors. Please indicate an e-mail address for correspondence (maximum 3 lines).
- Abstract body: Leave a space from the last line of the affiliation/email address. Produce a single paragraph in Arial 11, with single line spacing. Do not use subtitles, tables, figures, or bibliographic citations and avoid unnecessary abbreviations.. Do not leave any indents. The abstract should provide background, objectives of the work, materials and methods, results and conclusions.
- Include source of funding and 4 to 5 key words.
The rules for full articles are in the following link: https://www.horticulturaar.com.ar/en/the-journal/how-to-publish.html
Submission form https://bit.ly/submission_biofumigation24
Fill form to be updated https://bit.ly/8symposiumbiofumigationF
Email: [email protected] Web: www.biofumigacion.ar
Add to the Official Channel by Whatsapp https://bit.ly/8symposiumbiofumigationW